Monday, June 8, 2009

Save that shirt

Have you ever had that t-shirt that you didn't want to get rid of because it was just to special to you? I have, bags full of them!! I had one little t-shirt of my daughters, a little frog shirt. She loved it and was so adorable in it. She then committed the crime of all crimes, and grew. :( Why do they do that! Anyway, now that the shirt is to small I had to do something to hold on to it. After searching the net a bit and realizing that t-shirts do not fray, I found that I could very easily turn it into a purse/shopping bag. Here's how....

Materials:
old t-shirt
Sewing machine or needle and thread
scissors

1. Turn your t-shirt inside out.
2. Sew straight across the bottom. (take care not to sew through the print on the front)
3. Turn right side out.
4. Cut off sleeves and neck as seen in the diagram. You can fold the shirt in half lengthwise to make your cuts even.



















Your done! Celebrate with your new bag and go shopping! Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! That's a great idea for reusing a kid's shirt. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC IDEA, REALLY COOL. THANKS, CONNIE

    BELINDA
    HTTP:\\FOREVERINTIME.US

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my DD really loves having her "froggy" bag to play with.

    ReplyDelete