Tuesday, September 11, 2012

911 In Remembrance

I remember the morning and how beautiful it was.   
I remember exactly where I was sitting.
I remember my boss running in to the lab and telling me that a planes crashed into one tower.
I remember not believing her.
I remember seeing the truth in pure horror.
I remember seeing it happen again.
I remember the feelings of pain for all there.
I remember seeing people jump from the towers.
I remember my husband calling saying that the towers were engineered to withstand planes.
I remember the first crumble.
I remember the second fall.
I remember the pentagon getting attacked next.
I remember the fear everyone felt knowing we were sitting in a potential target.
I remember thinking of my daughter at daycare.
I remember hearing of the final plane in Pennsylvania.
I remember the feelings of loss and pride when knowing those passengers fought to the death to save others.
I remember when we were told to evacuate base and go home.
I remember how special it was to hug my daughter.
I remember that absolutely all tv stations covered the attack.
I remember seeing how many rescue personnel and citizens came out to help one another.
I remember the stickers, flags, ribbons, banners of our flag that were everywhere you looked.
I remember liking that.
I will never forget to teach my children what happened and especially how it felt.

My flag flies today, my heart goes out to all families and loved ones of the 911 victims!
I thank all rescue personel for what they did then and continue to do today!

God Bless All Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment