Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hydroponic Gardening

I decided to try something new, indoor hydroponic gardening.  My goal is to have fresh herbs available year round.  After some research, I decided to use a $25 kitchen garden kit from http://www.plantechnics.com/products/products.html .  It comes with a detailed instruction book and the set up is pretty straight forward.  I have used the basil seeds that are included in the kit for my first pot.  For the other three, I am trying to rooting cuttings some of my favorite herbs for planting.  Here are some pictures of my garden so far...
 
The above picture shows the basic set up for seedlings
 
The above picture shows the baby basil emerging from the planting plug.

Things are looking promising with this hydro garden kit.  I can't wait until my cuttings have enough roots to transplant into the other cups!

 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, we will post your Hydroponic gardening article. I will post for our customers to see your articles on your blog Hydroponic gardening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comments. I will continue to post as the garden grows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to let everyone know that my hydroponic garden series is on my new blog called playing with plants. There is a link on the side bar. The url is...

    http://playingwithplants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete